Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Going Home

I am always so excited to go home. As much as I love being away from it all for a minute and doing everything I want to do, there never fails to be this pull drawing me home after a day or so of being away. The hotel beds are always nice and comfy, it’s great to know that I can eat in bed if I want to – I don’t ever do this at home. It’s funny how charming eating breakfast in bed looks in movies. In reality, I can’t stand the feel of crumbs on my body. When I’m all by myself, I can watch pretty much any channel I want to, eat anything I want and generally do as I please. It’s all about me when I am away from home. It is good to be away from the daily grind and feel free from all obligations for a minute. However, I LOVE my home with all its imperfections - no 5-star meals or extra comfy beds. I am always excited to be back in my comfort zone with my husband and our plants.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger TMinx said...

Have fun. Hope you dont get frustrated. The key is not make too many comparisons. Enjoy Nigeria for what it is.

5:08 AM  
Blogger Gbemi's Piece said...

Hi Taureanminx,

I was talking about going to my dommot. The home I share with my husband not Naija. That won't be happening anytime soon, unfortunately (or maybe fortunately since you talk about getting frustrated???). Thanks, though!

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home