Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Almost Monday


This was such a good weekend. Seriously. Hung out with friends on Friday until two in the morning. It is always such a blast to hang out with like-minded people. We started out at the movies, then grabbed a bite to eat. The gist was so solid that we shut the place down and had to look for another spot to continue the evening. Finally, we went to this coffeehouse and hung out there until way past two in the morning.

Saturday was equally great. It was 'love me' day - pretty much all about me. Except that being the mother of a thirty-plus year old who was sick, I had to take care of business and then head out on my own business. I really just wanted to hang out by myself so I hit the mall to look for the perfect skirt to go with the bustier that I'll be wearing to a wedding next week. There were sales everywhere. I strayed from the original plan and flirted with the idea of wearing this hot red number from Bebe but as much as I loved it, I couldn't get it because I noticed a questionable stain on it. I hit up Karen Millen next and there were tons of gorgeous dresses but they all get as they be with my current frame. I hate that place. All the girls there are skinny hot and I'm not. Oh well, I got a really nice silk top that would be nice for date night and then I moved on to BCBG. More sales there. I found a skirt that might work and squeezed my way into a size four. It made my butt look somehow so I had to let it go despite the respectable price tag. Bloomies was next and I found this lovely black dress. The sales woman whispered to me that it is going on sale on Tuesday so I tried on a couple of potential candidates and held off on buying the dress until Tuesday of course. Thank you for hooking a sister up.

Don't know how I got off on that tangent. I have been getting some shopaholic tendencies lately. Hopefully, it will pass soon enough. On my way out of the mall, I impulsively grabbed 3 different tops in the junior section without trying them on or looking at the sizes. Thank God they all fit when I got home. Great sales, great buys. Great 'love me' day. Feeling less selfish, I went to visit a friend of a friend who just had a baby and hung out with the friend and her friend and all their kids. After two hours, I got bored of watching them feed their babies and took my leave. Seriously, watching the force-feeding game was putting me to sleep fast and I had to go because I was literally falling asleep right there. On my way out the door, DH called to say we were invited to dinner. Great!

That was my Saturday. By Sunday, there was a standoff in the house of peace so we both went to our different places of worship. I got back home earlier, changed into my normally-worn-at-home-short-short skirt, a light top, and my sister's flats and packed a bag for the park. I intended to finish a book that I've been reading for the past month or so and took my laptop to work on a spreadsheet for work just in case I finished the book earlier. Who do I see as I head out? My wonderful DH getting out of his car but talking on the phone. I waved and walked in the direction of my car. He quickly ends his conversation and asks where I'm going. He is surprised I'm going to the park alone so I ask if he wants to come. He's game so we both go back in so he can get changed. We find a shady spot by a lake and I bring out my book and we just sit quietly and enjoy the afternoon. Actually, there was some interruption in our quiet time when this guy came by with his two adorable daughters. Ooh, they were so cute! It was fun watching him play with his girls. DH thought they were cute too. After the park, we went to get our Dyson, hung out with my sisters for a minute and went to a Thai place for dinner. The end of another weekend. I hope Friday comes quickly enough.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Aramide said...

You seem to have had a nice start of the week,hope it went well al through and you are looking forward to the weekend. xxx

9:01 AM  
Blogger Gbemi's Piece said...

Hi Mona! Yes, it was great. I love weekends! Wish I didn't have to work sometimes...

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home