Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Delicious Baked Dodo

Baked dodo. Sounds like an oxymoron but it's true. You can actually have baked dodo. Not boli (grilled plantains) but dodo. We make it all the time and it's really delicious. Just thought I'd share for people who might want to make reduced-fat Naija food. Here's what I do:
 Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
 Cut up the plantains into little pieces, add salt (other spices optional)
 Spray fat free vegetable spread (or use 1/4 teaspoonful of olive oil) on a cookie sheet
 Lay the plantains flat on the cookie sheet
 Put plantains in oven
 Turn often to make sure all sides are even/Spray more vegetable spread if plantains are sticking to cookie sheet

It takes a little longer than the regular fried plantains but it's a lot healthier.
Here are some pictures from some I made a few weeks ago.






6 Comments:

Blogger Aramide said...

Wow babes I've never heard of this...I'm gonna try it...I'll just bookmark you I need to come back and get the recipe lol!! Baked dodo!!

11:19 AM  
Blogger ayoke said...

Very innovative. You should patent this recipe :) Seriously.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Mari said...

looks really nice. Something new to try. Cheers!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Olówó said...

Yay! Someone else makes these. My friends think I'm crazy for doing this. I do the same thing with my sweet potato fries.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Adaure Achumba said...

THAT IS VERY VERY SMART... now I can have dodo without worrying about hot oil splattering on me.

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl, nice blog...yeah baked dodo is da bomb...my husband was the one that actually got me into it and we have been eating plantain this way for like 2 yrs now...i think it tastes better than fried plantain....

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home