Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

How Mama Got Her Groove Back..Kinda

For the first time since Blu's birth, I had my first real big people's outing. As we were getting ready, I pointed out to DH that this was my first real big people's outing and he found that hard to believe. What about this person's event, he said, I was like that was a BABY shower! What about that person's thing, he said, and I replied: "YOU went and said you were representing us, remember?" Mae's 30th was my first real people's outing in a long time without a belly - yes o, my country self went to a few big people's events when I was expecting Blu. Anyway, there was no way I was going to miss out on this here gig. My friend Dolly had been hyping it forever saying there was going to be a soul singer, it was going to be in this new lounge, bla, bla, bla.

Thank God for sisters who agree to babysit, we had a reliable babysitter for Blu and we were all set to go. Not before he displayed for us well well. My boy did all sortsa things that prevented us from leaving the house on time. We finally got there and it felt so good to be out with my crowd. In no time, I had a resfreshing beverage in my hands and was enjoying the ambiance. Dolly and co really put their foot in it - they transformed the lounge big time with Mae's theme. I know who to call for my next gig.

The music was good, the soul singer was excellent, the beverages were a welcome change from what I've been used to, but two hours later, I started missing my Blu and mama had to go be with her baby. I heard the party was on until 3 in the morning and I missed out on a lot of major moments. All the same, I enjoyed the little time I spent at the party. Note to self: I's a mama now and I can't hang like I used to. At least not right now.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Uzo said...

Ah...Grown people and company...

Glad you had some fun...

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know what's so significant about your 'kinda' groove? the fact that you chose to go home.
you's a mama now!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Gbemi's Piece said...

@Uzo - I sure did. Don't know when the next opportunity will be but I've had my fill for a while.

@Geisha - LOL. I'm an oldhead now.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home