Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The boy has spoken

My boy Blu has finally said his first coherent word and it was not the Ma-ma I have been teaching him.He said Da-da. Nonsense and ingredients. I have been betrayed. After everything I have done for him, he choses his daddy over me. Throughout this evening, he has been repeating da-da over and over again. Sometimes stretching it out - daaaaaaahdaaaaaaaaah - as if he really wants me to know whose side he is on. Thinking he was confused, I repeated ma-ma over and over again at bath time, and then again as I dressed him, and then again as I held him, but no, that's too hard for my boy. DH and I have a bet going on and I seem to have lost. Not tonight, I have put our little soldier to bed already. I can't have him saying da-da when his daddy gets home. Not tonight anyway. Some other day maybe. I couldn't take the "I told you so!" tonight.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is always their first word. Mine is 19months and only says daddy even though I keep saying mummy each time he calls daddy.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Uzo said...

LOL...

Well his dad might have his first word but you have his heart...the bond between you and your son will be so so strong...

LOL

10:56 AM  
Blogger KemiMamaLopes said...

He does not link the da-da to his dad. It's just a recognisable sound and we mums think they are calling their dad. We praise God for the power of speech. Now get ready for the days you want a bit of peace and quiet or better still the day they tell all the household secrets to all in nursery :)

5:31 PM  
Blogger yummymum said...

Lol...Actually My daughter first word was mama......but then again am the only parent in in life.....lol

11:55 PM  
Blogger Pyeri Boy said...

My sons first words were DADA too. I kept saying MAMA MAMA MAMA, the boy no gree.

Now he calls MAMA like no mans business.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol
happy holidays

4:32 PM  
Blogger Gbemi's Piece said...

Anon - That's too funny - you saying mummy each time your son says daddy. He'll catch on... in due time.

Uzo - Amen to that. I hope to have that special bond that you mentioned with my Blu.

Kemimamalopes - I have since come to realize that he was NOT calling his daddy. Thank God for the power of speech indeed! I'm a FTM (first time mom) so I immediately associated his da-da with daddy.

Bobby - You finally got your wish. Good for you!

Yummymum - Lucky you. As you probably know, so many moms wish their babies would say mama first.

Geisha - Happy holidays to you too!

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine will o, by GOD's special Grace.AMEN.It's "MAMA" first o.Lol.Nice write up

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home