Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Nanny's First Day

After going through a series of interviews, reference checks, nanny cams, etc, etc, we have hired Blu's new nanny. Her name funnily enough is Fannie. I don't know why that always makes me smile. "Hey Blu, there's your nanny, Fannie." Anyways, I had her come in a little later on her first day and was with her the entire day to get her settled in. As it stands, I think we (rather I) made a good choice. She's all that I was looking for in a nanny. Most importantly, she is good with Blu and loves on him. She spent a lot of time playing with him. Even getting on the floor with him and everythang. I'm his mama and I ain't ever been on the floor with him. It really feels good to be working (from home) and knowing that someone is taking care of my bebe. Taking good care of my bebe - talking to him and singing to him. It's awesome. God please let this last.

A nanny is not a house girl. A nanny is not a house girl. A nanny is not a house girl. I have to repeat that to myself. I hate the whole house girl concept but being Naija, I do have some tendencies. For instance, I hate folding laundry. I hate hate hate this chore. I can do the laundry (when it's up to my neck) but I hate to fold it. So naturally, since Blu sleeps half the time that Fannie's here, I asked if she wouldn't mind folding the laundry. I know, I know. She did an excellent job though. When DH came home, I had to show him this miracle that was perfectly folded clothes that resembled a shelf at the Gap. But I made up for it by making her a smoked salmon caesar salad when I made one for myself at lunchtime and then I offered her tea and cupcakes (yeah, I shouldn't be baking those) for afternoon tea. I also had her leave early just because. Actually, I think I just wanted to hold my baby. Anyhow, Blu's nanny has started and we are happy people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home