Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

What to do on Val’s Day?

Valentine's Day is not really my day to plan; it’s his to plan for me. LOL. This year, he hinted that I’d better be doing something for him too. My record is pretty pitiful. And that's putting it mildly. I am so used to being spoiled. One year, it was the works – flowers, nice dinner, and a HUGE gift cert from my favorite spa, and something else. I say HUGE because I was able to go back three times and got some spa products out of it. Last year, it was a customized dinner at a fancy place and a very thoughtful gift. Let’s just say hold the fancy because I so did not like the dinner. Mussels and stuff – ewww! The cranberry bread that came in the basket was the best part about it. And the view. The restaurant was overlooking a river so that was pretty cool.

This year, I don’t know what we’ll do. We’re both in class – not the same one, thank Jah! – until at least 10pm. I have my least favorite class on that day so I doubt that I’ll be in a good mood when I get home. Maybe I’ll surprise him at work and take him to lunch? I don’t know. I have never done that before – show up at his job to take him to lunch. The last time I showed up at his job at lunchtime, I happened to be in the neighborhood and he brought down lunch for me to take back to work. I guess I still remember it because it was sweet and unexpected. I’m on a budget so it will be high on the sentimental side and low on the dollar end of it. What’s a good gift that is high on the sentimental side and low on the dollar end? The kind that makes you say awwww when you get it and it’s easy to ignore the fact that it was inexpensive? That’s the gift I’m looking to buy. Mine's had better be high on the sentimental side and high on the dollar end. I don't do sentimental only.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home