Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Friday, January 26, 2007

I Hate Writing!

For work. I hate writing to appease people; having to find the right words to placate people. I am Naija-educated so I have to find the American words to say things I am thinking. Why, oh why do I have to be politically correct every time I write a communication that will be seen by many? Okay. I just answered that question for myself. If many eyes are going to be on your work, it pays to take the time to make sure you are communicating properly and that you are the least offensive you possibly can. Scratch that. You shouldn’t be offensive at all. I wasn’t planning to go into details but I’ve had several jobs in my life. It’ll take a number posts to cover all the jobs I did to pay my dues before I graduated college. So far, the one I dread the most involves writing!

*******************************************************
Now that I've vented, I'm going to put my fingers to the keyboard and make my money!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ajike said...

you are right... having to read an email a couple of times to make sure you are not rude or offensive is getting tiring...

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home