Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Outed, not Ousted

So, I just found out that one of DH’s friends knows about my blog and in their conversations, she’s dropped quite a few tidbits that allude to the fact that she’s been doing some reading. Okay. So, where do we go from here? I haven't really tried to mask who I am so it’s been easy for anyone who knows me or my family to put two and two together. However, I was unprepared to have things I’ve said come back to ‘bite’ me. When I write, I keep in the back of my head something my mom always taught us – don’t write down things that you will be sorry for – it’s much better to speak those thoughts and have them evaporate instead of having them forever stored on paper. Okay, I really don’t remember exactly what my mom said, but obviously, I’m not doing such a great job of being careful. My one wish is that I don’t ever write anything that will cause permanent damage to myself or others.

So, where do I go from here? Do I not mention personal things because someone’s going to repeat them or feel like they have some kind of advanced knowledge about my life? I really don’t know. I just thought this whole episode was odd.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Pilgrimage to Self said...

It is a bit of a bummer when someone discovers your blog especially when you want to remain anonymous. Although I've told hubby about my blogs he respects my 'privacy' and has never bothered to search for them. But even so, I try not to divulge anything really personal on them e.g slagging off friends or family, or going into intimate details of my marriage. Those are all no go areas. All the same, it's not nice of your DH's friend to drop tit-bits about your blog into conversation. Maybe after reading this particular post she'll back off knowing how you feel about it.

2:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quit blogging from ur lil sis heehee! I'm just kidding, as mom used to say "Do what you like!"

11:51 AM  
Blogger KemiMamaLopes said...

My first thought was, Fancy dropping tidbits, why not come out and say, I read your blog instead of being devious?? Continue being true to yourself. My mum said and still says "Please yourself and damn the consequences" and Mums are always right.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Noni Moss said...

The eternal conundrum of being a would-be anonymous blogger. You could make your blog private - or only available to people who have blogs as well.

Or you could decide not to mention anything private on your blog. Depends on how you write.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Gbemi's Piece said...

Thanks for all your comments. I really don't care to censor my blog. I obviously won't write what I don't feel like sharing. Like Kemi said, it'd have been better to just come out and say what she had to say instead of being coy. My rant here wasn't about the content, more about the way it was delivered. I didn't share my blog with friends or family, they just discovered it and I don't mind if more people that I know find it somehow. I write what I like - everything's really private and personal - the way I see it. Anyhow, here's to the unveiling of moi!

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home