Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Big Hair Day

Nothing I did or could have done could possibly have tamed my hair this morning. So therefore, (as they say in Naija), my hair is very big and I’m having a big hair day. As I looked at my reflection in the elevator mirror, I realized that everything I was wearing was brand spanking new (except my bag and shoes) so I asked myself Oprah-like if that made me feel better. My response to self was no. Still Oprah-like, I had an Aha moment. My inside didn’t match my outside so my outside looks like crap – to me at least. I don’t know if it’s the Monday Blues or what but I’m not feeling too great at the moment.

There’s just this funk that I cannot shake off. It’s terrible because it’s making me act out and I’m not nice to others when I feel this way within. Let’s just say I’m nice enough. No jaras. No extras. Not my usual self. I got to work and shut my door to see if applying some makeup would help. Fond de teint. Mascara. Burt’s Bees on my lips to get that feel good stinging feeling. Lip Gloss to cover up the Burt’s Bees. My favorite eyeshadow. Understated Blush that the MAC lady promised is okay for everyday use. I pulled out my comb and tried to ‘flatten’ my hair one last time. Little success there. I take a look at my overall appearance and I look a tad bit better but I don’t feel better so all that effort leaves me pretty much back to where I started. What is it about this funk that I can’t get rid of? I think I know the answer but knowing does not help. It’s all in the doing. Right now, I can’t do anything.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pilgrimage to Self said...

Poor you. We all have days like this where we just feel 'low' for no real reason. Perhaps you should pamper yourself for a day - take a day off work and do something for yourself. Get your nails or hair done, go for a long walk, get a facial, go shopping, have a long languid soak in the bath (don't forget the candles) - DO ANYTHING as long as it's something for you and you alone. Good luck.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Gbemi's Piece said...

@Pilgrimage - Thanks. I think I'm over it today at least. I am thinking of taking a few days off next week and will do just that - pamper myself. I haven't had my nails done in months now!

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home