Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Monday, August 13, 2007

Been So Long

Today is my first day back after being away from blogsville for such a long time. It's going to be fun catching up with all my favorite blogs. I am also curious about new ones from comments that were left on my earlier posts. I just hope I'll have enough time to go through them and that it wouldn't be an overwhelming task.

While I was gone, I had me a baby. Yes, I am somebody's mommy! Hard to believe but there he is sleeping less than three feet away from me - my bundle of all things exciting. My life has taken a 360 turn and I'm a different me. A less selfish me. A bigger boneded me (lost 20 still have another 12-15 or maybe 20 more to lose). A more serious me (I haven't laughed at other people's foolishness in a while). A less uptight me (hey, how for do, he peed on me this morning!). I am slowing getting used to the concept of we versus me. It's going to be an exciting ride. My life done changed and in more ways than one, it's for the better.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Nonesuch said...

many congratulations to you.Thank God for the gift of life.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Ms. May said...

BIG FAT CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't realize you were having your baby so soon. God bless you guys o and may he be the best representation of you both in this world.

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, I am excited for you.

8:25 AM  
Blogger naijacutie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!I can only imagine what joy you feel now. How;s hubby doing? am sure he's probably tickled to pieces at the thot of having a boy. Thank God for your precious lil bundle of joy.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Mamarita said...

Congratulations, babies are at their cutest when they're little and all they do is poop and sleep and eat.... :)

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!!!

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Figured you were away for a reason (Wink).


Now Baby, hear this:
Listen to your parents OH! Follow in the footsteps of all that is great and good. Evil will never find you nor you it (AMEN).

God Bless YOUR CHILD.

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May everything good that comes with the pitter patter of little feet come into you and your man's life. CONGRATULATIONS.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS to you and yours...what exciting news. May Heaven's blessings continue to follow your little one as he makes this incredible and exhilirating journey through life. I can imagine that your writing will also be a bit revamped as you fill us in with your mommy anecdotes. Wondeful news

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I came across your blog today and read it in its entirety. I live in the A as well, now I have to figure out whom you are ;o) ...

1:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww i can sense the cuteness all the way over here... all that pee in your face and extra weight and stretch marks....
lol.
cant hardly wait to have mine own bundles of joy! congratulations babe

7:27 PM  
Blogger Gbemi's Piece said...

@Nonesuch - Thanks! Many thanks.

@Ms May - LOL. Big FAT Thank you! Thanks for the best wishes and prayer.

\@Mide - Thanks, this is a pretty exciting time for my family.

@Naijacutie - Thanks, my husband is pretty thrilled to have a mini us.

@Mamarita - It takes a special person to say that babies are cute when they poop :-) I'll take that under consideration.

@Overwoman - Thanks for the advice and best wishes. No one has said to listen to my parents - that's a new one - I'll pay attention to what they say. It's easy to discount the advice of those closest to us.

@Belle - Thanks!

@Anon - Thanks for that prayer - he has brought such good things with his. So much joy came into our lives when he was born.

@Jola - Thanks, I only think about blogging about him these days. I really have to stop myself. Don't want him to be mad at me when he grows up :-)

@Anon2 - Thanks! Hope it was worth your while. Life in the A is good, isn't it?

@Geisha - That's another way to look at it. Thanks!

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home