Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Moringa, Moringa!

That my mother is a huge fan of moringa and is an understatement. She loves this natural product in all its forms - powder, tonic, soap, ointment, balm. She definitely loves everything about moringa. I, on the other hand, not so much. She loves the fact that it's great for detoxing, combined with other herbs, it's great for the skin, etc etc. Whenever you have anything, my mom says to take moringa. Mom, there's this bla bla bla going on with me and she'll say "try moringa". Mom, there's another bla bla bla bothering me and she'll say "have you used moringa".

I don't know what it is I don't like about it. Maybe I started off on the wrong footing. My first experience with Moringa was when she started me off on the tonic that came in this huge ribena-sized bottle. It tasted awful. She rattled off the list of health benefits associated with taking the tonic but as much as I tried, I couldn't get past a quarter of the bottle. And try I did - closing my eyes and gulping down the required spoonful was a killer - but it didn't help. Still, every time she visits, she brings with her an armful of moringa products that mysteriously find their way to the back of my bathroom cabinet.

One fine day, I ran out of soap and then I remembered I had moringa soap in the back of my bathroom cabinet. Next thing I knew, discovered some kind of irritation and of course I blamed it on moringa. I immediately threw out anything that had moringa in it. Now that I think about it, the irritation could have been from a number of places like our drill sergeant guy making us lie down in the wet grass during bootcamp.

On her last visit, my mom brought with her some more moringa goodies. This time, there was a moringa and neem soap which funnily enough smells delicious and then a balm which also has this minty smell that's not at all offensive. To cut to the chase, I recently had some kind of irration on my finger and before my mom could say "try moringa", I put some on the finger. One day later, it's all cleared up and so I'm saying moringa, moringa what a fantastic herb.

Blu has some rashes and at some point when nothing the peds prescribed was working, I momentarily considered putting some of that balm on him. However, being the same person that wouldn't let anyone put epo (palm oil) on my child, I doubt that I'll go that far. Mommy can use moringa but Blu, not so much. At least not until I get further clarification from my own mommy. I may not have to go that far, I can already guess what she'll say.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol, I can't believe you did a whole post on moringa. Me, I can't get over the 'scent', so I'll just pass on the miracle product.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Gbemi's Piece said...

Lil Sis, I sure did o. Moringa drives me nuts! I have been using the ointment lately. The 'new and improved' versions are not so bad. LOL at passing on the miracle product. I know exactly what you mean.

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

finally, I found this article once more. You have few [url=http://tipswift.com]useful tips[/url] for my school project. Now, I won't forget to bookmark it. :)

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home