Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

All I want for my birthday is...

To see the Color Purple. That's it. O pari. I am turning 30 and should be getting a 'big' gift right? I definitely think so. But I don't want anything 'big'. I just want to see the Color Purple on Broadway. That's it. No dinner (necessarily) and certainly no frills (anyone been to an evening Broadway show please tell me how to dress). This year, I was very specific about my gift. Might have something to do with what they say about turning 30 but I didn't hesitate to say what I'd like. No ifs ands or buts about it. I was very specific.

So, why do I still see DH on Audi's website looking for a car? It used to be the Beemer website. I had mentioned that I liked both cars. However, I no longer want a car for my birthday or anything. I am happy to keep my formerly bashed car for the next five years. Again, I don't want a car! I can be low maintenance like that and don't see any problems driving the same car for ten years. Seriously, after my last accident, I know for sure that I don't want a car! That's not important to me. Anyone who knows him should please reiterate this. All I want is to see the Color Purple on Broadway while Fantasia is still in it. Thank you very much. Merci beaucoup. Muchas gracias. Ose pupo. Nagode. How do you say thanks in Ibo?

The moral of this is that it is important to LISTEN. Communication is key, they say. You could save yourself many many dollars by just listening. The cheapest Color Purple ticket out there is $26 and the cheapest Audi out there is $$$$. See the difference? My point exactly. One mo' question: Why I can't have a man that is excited about going to musicals or the theatre?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your last question is funny, abi no be naija man u marry? My hubby would be dragged jerking and flailing to a girlie sme-sme romance movie talk less of musical. For your birthday though, he might make an exception :)Ebony.

1:57 AM  
Blogger Gbemi's Piece said...

Ebony,
He still hasn't bought the tickets yet and the show is this Friday. How for do? If I end up buying the tickets myself, then he's going to have to figure out a fitting birthday present for me on his own with no help from me. I thought theatre tickets would be much cheaper and more of a quality gift than anything else he could think of buying. Maybe he has other plans...

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home