Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Monday, March 05, 2007

I don bash my car

The other day, I was meeting up DH for lunch and less than three minutes after we hung up, I was in an accident. What a bummer. This was going to be the first time in a very loooooooooooong while that we were meeting up for lunch and I went from ecstatic to almost tearful in less than three minutes. It was such a stupid haxident. Really silly. The front of my car is bashed in and just looks ignorant. Now I know I won’t be getting a new car anytime soon. It’s no fun at all. I haven’t taken it to my friends at Classic Collision to find out how much I must pay this time to straighten up this mess. The last time I had a scratch from someone hitting the rear, it cost five hundred bucks. That was just a little scratch and paint job. With this one, there’s no telling how much it will cost.

One of my broda (older Naija male) friends knows someone that can fix my car. Hopefully, it wouldn’t be too expensive. I’m really really bummed about my car because I don’t need to be spending any money unnecessarily. My car’s so ugly now. It’s a total disgrace. I’m being ever so careful these days because it doesn’t matter who’s at fault – I just don’t want any more dents. Meanwhile, I’ve had such bad luck with this one car and silly haxidents that I am no longer entertaining the idea of buying a new car. I really was getting my head round the idea of getting a new ride before the end of the year. With my track record with this one, I think I’ll just fix it and bring it up to par. Bummer.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well look on the bright side, at least you are still alive and not paying medical bills, or leaving your hubby to cry over you. A car is replaceable eventually, a human life is not.

10:40 PM  
Blogger chioma said...

yep i agree with abeni. also don't know where you live but its cheaper to go to those hispanic owned body shops..When I was in houston having my second son the gate of my brothers estate(or whatever you call them in the states)hit the car I was driving. Now remember I was there having a baby so i was on a tight budget didnt have $700 to dash anyone, so I started driving around and saw a few bodyshops who said they would fix it for $300, the haggler in me took over and eventually i found this guy from el salvador who had a thing for pregnant women(pervert)..and he fixed it for $200!..
Thanks for coming to my blog..yep your right I am the same chioma from trinity. I am pretty sure you didnt go by gbemi while you were there cus that name doesn't ring a bell(are you very dark).Its funny cus I just ran into another trinity person last week (blessing) Its a small world oh.Thanks about my dad its not easy but we thank God. blog to you later! ps just read through your other posts and I think I know who you are won't write you name since you may be going anonymous, but tell me if I am right..a family of four sisters and your mums not Nigerian..am I right? God bless you dear and good to hear from you.Its funny how we have all changed from teenagers to married folk.bye.

3:59 AM  
Blogger Noni Moss said...

AAAwwwww - pele. I had a stupid accident as well cost me a stupid amount for my tail lights, then the day after i got back (the very next day) some idiot ran into the side of the car - complete write-off.

Be glad no one got hurt.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Gbemi's Piece said...

Abeni - Thanks! I wasn't hurt so I have a lot to be thankful for.

Chioma - Thanks for the advice. I still haven't had a chance to take my car around. Will definitely look for the best deal. You've got the right person, except that I'm yallow like you. My family lived in Parkview during our Trinity days so that might help. It is good to run into people from way back. I often wondered what happened to you, Chichi, Moji, Blessing, Fatima and the rest of the girls. Will check you up on your blog. Take care!

Noni Moss - Now way that could have happened! I hope the guy's insurance paid for a new car. Really sorry to hear that.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home