Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

When A Man Says I'll Take Care Of It...

Saturday afternoon after a very light 'lunch' with our friends who were in town for the weekend, I got up immediately to do my auto-pilot clear up thing. I did the dishes and then got out the broom, dustpan, brush, and mop out of the broom closet to wax my magic on the kitchen floor. DH saw this and said "Go ahead and relax honey, I'll take care of this." Something in me wanted to say no because the floors were bothering me and I wanted to just get to them really quickly. But something even bigger in me did want to relax so I just said "Okay" and left my supplies leaning against the wall for him to do his thing.

The broom, dustpan, etc were leaning against the wall where I left them the rest of the day on Saturday. They were also there on Sunday and on Monday they were still where I left them. Finally on Tuesday evening, I just went ahead and did my quick sweep and mop action. I know he meant it when he said he'd help. I just couldn't wait any more. So when a man says he'll take care of it, either wait on him to do it in his own time or DIY (do it yourself).

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger monie said...

lol... Thats cute... I bet when he notices the floor's been done, he'll be honestly perplexed as to why you went ahead and did it (being that he'd offered)... lol.. Men crack me up.

Hey, enjoy your good man... At least he offered... :-)

11:20 PM  
Blogger KemiMamaLopes said...

How true. When DH offers to do something, I do the annoying wife bit and wonder when it will be dome and then ask why it has not being done. Now I leave it and after a few days of tripping over the wire across the halway or the overlfowing sink or dishwasher, he sorts it out. The lenght of time between the offer to help and the completion of the task is actually getting shorter :) Patience.

12:53 PM  
Blogger In my head and around me said...

Sweet of him to have offered in the first place. Exasperating that he "forgot"

5:16 AM  
Blogger Gbemi's Piece said...

Monie - I agree, men are funny like that :>) That he offered is not good enough in my books. I wish our sense of urgency were the same.

Kemi - That's encouraging. Maybe with time, the length of time between the offer and the completion of the task will get shorter for us too.

In my head - LOL. I'm sure he did not 'forget'.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home