Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

My last class ever!

Yesterday, I had my last class EVER. As in lai lai and ti ti lai lai. Forever and ever. It wasn't bittersweet. It was sweet. I even dressed up for the occasion. I usually go home between work and school to just chill, watch tv or take a nap. Yesterday, I stayed at work late and went straight from work. I wanted to get it over and done with.

It was the last class ever for many MBAs in my class and you should have seen people jubilating (isn't that such a Naija word - jubilate). Anyway, we had our final presentations and people were so relieved that it was their last in-class presentation ever. I did mine without even looking at my slides - I was like whatever, nobody's listening anyway. Before I started, I asked the class if it was okay to give them the short version and everyone was like, yeah, sure! I think my team did okay. We were at an A going into that presentation, I hope we maintained it. I still have one final exam I have to take from home and submit by next Monday. It's a case on HP. I think I'll work on it and get it to him by Friday. I've moved on already.

Anyways, come and join me sing alleluyah! I am done. Finished. I called my girlfriend for a quick chat as I was driving to class and she asked how many classes I had left. I was like "that's it - I'm done, it's my last class ever." She said "forever?" I said "yes, forever." DH once mentioned me doing a PhD. He thinks I could handle it. PhD? Lai lai. Never. I am seriously done.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats ma! I have one semester to go.

10:14 PM  
Blogger monie said...

YAY!!! Congratulations!! Wow, that must be an awesome feeling, huh? No more having to study or stay up late writing papers.... You actually get to 'do you' now... Man, I have to say it again jare; Congratulations!! Ku Igbadun.. :=)

3:19 AM  
Blogger nene's thots said...

i envy you o gbemi. I can only imagine the feeling. I have one more year to go. Big Congratulations boo.

1:14 PM  
Blogger In my head and around me said...

Congratulations!! BTW, people that make a lot of noise about last classes usually go back and do another one. Just saying!

Me sha, I want 4 degrees. I am only on the 2nd one so i have at least 10 more years to go.

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home