Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Lying on the bathroom floor thinking sinister thoughts

The meds I have been prescribed are really strong and have been making me sick since I started taking them. I called up my doctor because I was a little disturbed at how sick they've been making me and she said that was the 'preferred' drug. With friends in Pharmaceutical sales, I know that preferred drugs are the ones that doctors readily prescribe because they've struck a deal with the Pharmaceutical companies. They come out cheap to the patients who usually pay less for them than the alternative drugs. At this point, I don't really care what deal has been struck between my doctor and the Pharmaceutical salesperson; I just want to feel better quickly. Apparently, there's a second drug that I would have to pay full price for but I've been warned that it is not the preferred drug. Whatever that means, I'll need to do my own research to know what the side effects are. Anything is better than emptying my stomach five times like I did yesterday.

So, as I was lying on the bathroom floor tired because I didn't have the strength to stand up, here are some crazy thoughts that came to my mind:
I'm so glad I can actually lie on the floor of my bathroom. I don't think there's any other bathroom floor I could lie on.
 I wonder if we still have ants? Baba Porter was supposed to call pest control, I wonder if he actually did or if they all of a sudden just disappeared?
 What if I die? I haven't finished my will yet. Nobody will know what to do with my things. I know one thing they can do, throw away my car. In fact, they can donate it back to the dealership since it's spent so much time there already.
 DH is too funny talking about helping me pull my hair back. What hair? My hair's so short after that winch (witch) cut it like a boy. He's been watching way too many movies. Pull my hair back…LOL
 Hey, this whole thing may not be so bad. I'm sure I have actually lost some weight not eating and not keeping anything down. Hmmm…

I eventually got up around 3:30 and made my way to bed. Boy was I glad to wake up feeling good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pilgrimage to Self said...

You've got me worrying about you. I do hope all is well. Whats the matter? You don't have to say if you don't want to of course. Get well soon babes. Thots...

PTS

6:19 AM  
Blogger Gbemi's Piece said...

Pilgrimage, thanks for your concern. I'm fine. I went for my annual and they detected a virus after running some tests. Apparently, if left unchecked could lead to infertility. The treatment has been rough. I go for some tests in a few weeks to make sure I'm okay.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home