Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Book Isn't My Thang

Could it be time for me to admit that book isn’t my thing? I mean, I feel that I may indeed have some valuable talents but this school thing isn’t one of them. My last couple of exams are making me think that book is not really my thing. With two Bs in a row since I got back from my self-imposed hiatus, I think this is my last stop. I almost came within a hair’s breadth of an A last semester in my Managerial Accounting class. My average was an 89. Seriously! I was so sure I was walking away with an A. After the final, I stayed behind to tell the prof how great he was and how much I enjoyed his class. Yeah, I became one of those people. I meant it, so I have no regrets about doing that. To be completely honest, I thought since I was borderline he would bump me up to an A. I figured that as he was grading and he came across my name in the borderline category, he would remember how I stayed behind to tell him what a great professor he was and what an honor it was for me to be in his class. It didn’t happen but it’s all good, I still enjoyed his class.

For a hot minute, I had a perfect GPA, which got me drunk on the notion that my mind was made for some educaking (sp, I know). However, I am slowly and gradually resolving my mind to the ‘let my people go’ grade that is a B. I am now okay with Bs, sha give them to me and let me be going. I only have three or maybe four classes (if I can’t talk to my Dean out of that extra Marketing class) before I graduate. Like I tell people, I am not in this to get a new job (feels good not to be in that position, if not I would be feeling a lot worse), I am in it to learn. For the first time in my life, I am in school for the joys of learning. Not for a particular purpose, like the first 16 years of E-D-U. I wasn’t forced or coerced…Although my mom did strongly encourage me to go for my Masters. I still feel that this time, I am totally in it for me. It is not for my moms or my dad, even though they would be happy. This degree na my own. I guess that is why I have been happy to pay for 90% of it (got help for part of my first semester and some for my study abroad). However, with that being said, I am glad it is almost time to hang it up for good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home