Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Two Little Updates

Just a couple of updates on posts I made previously. On Wednesday, I was in a bit of a dilemma and I thought I should say that I have made peace with my tailor. It took a few trips back and forth and he has corrected that outfit. I believe it is now decent (pronounced deezent) and wearable. He was so gracious about the whole thing that I will be going back to him. The best thing with him is probably to take a sample because he puts a lot of effort into his work. I still won't be wearing the aso ebi the whole day. I got a cute little black dress on SALE so I should be good with that. My cousin asked me to be an aso ebi lady (dunno what that is but I'll oblige) during the reception so I guess I'mma have to get up out of my black dress by the time we get to the reception. Thank God it was only twenty five bucks!!!

I posted some time ago about how I didn't think books were for me and how I would settle for the second citizen grade of B from now on. I totally take that post back. Earlier this week, we got our grades back in our Management Systems class and I didn't do too badly. The professor passed a stack of grades to one end of the class and each person had to look for their name in the pile and pass it on. A quick comment - I don't really like this because everyone in class who gets the stack before me gets to see my grade. Not that anyone in class knows me besides DH and one consultant guy I've worked with in the past who turned out to be in my class as well. Very random. DH and I didn't set out to be in the same class - total coincidence. Anyway, the only pro about this exam passing thing is that I get to see other people's grades as well. Anyhow, the stack got to me and I saw my grade (95), DH's (4 less than me - LOL) and the consultant guy that I saw covering his work (85). That being said, I'm on my way to an A if I prepare well for finals in three weeks. I am very competitive and let's just say that this came at a very good time. Nobody in class knows that we are married because we have different last names and I act like I don't know him for the most part. Our work styles are totally different - I take notes in class, I ask questions and talk to the professor during breaks. He on the other hand, walks in with his textbook under his arm and no notebook (how do you go to class without a notebook - that's like a farmer going to the farm without a hoe) and goes to Starbucks across the street during breaks. Now that I know I'm hotter, I will totally be covering my work during finals if we end up sitting together. Just in case he plans to ever deny that I'm smarter, I will be looking for DH's paper so that I can frame it for our grandchildren to see. This is too cool, I'm smart y'all!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you had me lol with this post! nothing wrong with a little friendly competition..

5:48 PM  
Blogger Pilgrimage to Self said...

Yay for you!! I love the fact that the rest of your class doesn't know you're married to each other. How exciting!! But tell me, are you able to concentrate knowing your hubby is in the same class as you? I know I wouldn't. LOL

7:17 AM  
Blogger Gbemi's Piece said...

Belle - It's about to get rough up here. I really need to get an A to prove to myself that I can do it.

Pilgrimage - Half the time, I ignore him so it's almost as if he's not there even though we're one seat apart. When I found out that we were going to be in the same class, I asked him to act like he doesn't know me but he keeps talking to me and asking me for a pen or pencil. I'll say that it has been fun studying together at home. It really helps that this is his area of expertise so he breaks it down for me. I think what's more fun is the fact that I beat him at his own game in that last exam. I hope I haven't jinxed myself for finals!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Ms. May said...

LOL......you guys sound like you have a lot of fun and it's cool that you're on a similar path. You make married life sound really cool.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Gbemi's Piece said...

Ms. May - We have our moments.

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home