Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Happy Birthday Maman!

Today is my moms birthday. My beautiful moms turned 59 today. DH and I stayed up until 1:00am to call her since she's seven or eight hours ahead of us. She screamed, she was so delighted. She was tying her gele, getting ready to go to work when we called. I wish I could be in Kigali celebrating with her. My moms has four girls and each of us has shown her love. My younger sister sent her this note that really sums up how we all feel. Dunno how she did it but everything B wrote,
I second.

Maman,
As you celebrate your birthday today I will start by thanking God for your life, for blessing you with family and friends that you love, for the gift of good health, success in your career and most importantly the abundant blessings he has bestowed upon you.

I pray that the Lord will continue to guide you and bless you in all that you do. As you prepare for your retirement (much deserved) I pray that you will be inspired to spend that time doing what you absolutely love, what makes you happy and most importantly what you find fulfilling.

You have been a great mother not just to me and my sisters but to countless others. Your patience, your love, your sacrifices, your encouragement, your support and your strength, your honesty, are just a few characteristics that make you who you are. Thank you so much for being the best mum anyone could ask for.

I hope that in the years to come we will be able to celebrate your birthday with you. Maman, today we all celebrate you.

God Bless,
On behalf of all your daughters- B

We may not be with her this year but next year, it's on and popping by God's grace. B is our chairwoman in charge of the planning committee for my moms' 60th. I can't wait to live it up with my entire family!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww that note was sweet! i'm sure your Mom will appreciate it :)

-Kigali eh?

7:38 PM  
Blogger Pilgrimage to Self said...

Sweet!

9:05 AM  
Blogger LondonBuki said...

That's really nice... :-)

She's blessed to have you all as kids.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:50 AM  
Blogger Gbemi's Piece said...

Belle - She sure appreciated that note. Have you been to Kigali?

Pilgrimage - I thought so too.

LondonBuki - She's really lucky to have us. We weren't overly-stressful kids. That being said, aren't mothers great?

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home