Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The devil is a liar!

I got a call from my doctor's office today with some terrible news. The kind of call you never want to get. A week ago, I'd been to thedoctor's for my 'annual' check. I used to be good about getting those but it wasn't until last week that I realized that my last annual check was three years ago. Prior to that, I'd been more religious about getting a full physical at least once a year. Anyhow, the exams were pretty uneventful. I guess I'd say uneventful because I didn't have the results at the time.

Fast forward to today. The nurse says that she's left me messages on my home phone. Anyone who knows me knows that my home/land phone is NEVER the best way to reach me. In fact, right now, it is unplugged. Anyhow, so she gets me at work and delivers the news. I was very confused. Why? How? Why me? I've always taken my health for granted. I'm never sick. In fact, I don't feel sick. I feel okay. The good news is that I can undergo a week of intensive treatment and at the end, take a break and then check back with them to make sure that everything is alright.

On to the subject of this post, that's what DH said when I told him what happened. Normally, this would make me laugh or at least smile but today, I believe. I will be well. It will be well. We will be well. Amen.

Les soeurs – Don't freak out. I am fine. Seriously.

6 Comments:

Blogger Corri S. said...

Since you said "don't freak out," I wont. But, I really hope everything works out. I haven't gotten a physical in 2 years! I need to go.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The devil is indeed a liar!

7:40 PM  
Blogger LondonBuki said...

It is Well...(Amen)

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I won't freak out. I hope you feel better.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Ms. May said...

Your's is the second post I have read that just really demonstrates the importance of women getting their "annuals". All will be well.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Gbemi's Piece said...

Mosaic - Thanks for your concern. This was a real wake-up call. Try to schedule your physical as soon as you can. We take care of everything else, our health should be a priority too.

Belle - Indeed.

LondonBuki - Thank you for that prayer. It is much appreciated.

FG - No need to freak out. It is under control. That's been my prayer from day one. I'll keep you posted.

Ms. May - Thanks. You are absolutely right. It is so important for us to get our annuals. I didn't display any symptoms yet there was something amiss. You never know until you get checked. I'm glad word is getting out about the importance of yearly physicals.

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home