Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Car Woes

See me see trouble, I am completely rideless.  My car refused to start yesterday.   The dealership people said it would cost over twelve hundred to fix it initially.  They are not sure what the problem is and they feel that once they fix whatever it is that they think is wrong with it, then they can check other areas.   Aw, hell to the naw.  I am not doing that.  My car's probably worth forty five hundred or five thousand max, if I tried to sell it.   However, that's with the fixing and patching of the side bumps that I have artistically plastered on it.  This morning, I had to car pool with DH.   I thought he would drop me off and then come back to get me, Naija madam style, but that's not how it went down.  I will be going back to pick him up after work.   I am so not a car-pooling person.  I want my car back.  Tomorrow, I'm supposed to be at a Sheckys event with my girls.  I am not sure if I can even make it.  It all depends on DH's plans for tomorrow evening.   Hopefully, he's not got much going on and I can take his ride.  This is totally taking me back to the days when I was dependent on my parents for a ride.

 

Sometime ago, I posted that I wanted a beemer.  I think it was around my birthday.   Now, I'll take anything that is reliable.  I am so not a car person so I draw a blank whenever I'm asked what kind of car I like.  Just give me a beemer and I'll be fine for the next ten years.   Unfortunately, buying a beemer is not top priority right now so I might just have to suck it up and patch my ride.  The thing is, how am I supposed to shell out twelve hundred and then they can't guarantee that it'll solve the problem.   Those dealerships sef.  My car only has seventy six thousand miles but I seem to be spending twenty five hundred a year on maintenance.   It doesn't seem worth it but it's either that or I chuck up a whole lot more to buy a new car.  It's certainly been 'cheaper to keep her' but I'm not sure how much longer I'll be keeping her.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pilgrimage to Self said...

It sucks to be without a car. And the States is one place you don't want to be without a car so my sympathies.

LOL about doing madam Nigerian style and waiting for DH to ferry you to and from work! You'd be lucky. :-)

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home