Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Monday, December 04, 2006

It is so on! Maybe

So, last night, we were both studying for finals and I couldn’t print the answers to the homework because we were out of paper. So, I’m like let’s get out of the house, we’ve been indoors all day and we should get some paper while we’re at it. DH says he’s got a $10 gift card for Best Buy (oh boy!) so we should go get the paper from Best Buy. As soon as he said Best Buy, I knew we were in trouble. There’s no way we would be in and out of that store in 10 minutes. His Best Buy is like my mall (no one particular store comes to mind); he can be in there for hours.

So, we get to Best Buy, pick up the paper and I’m like “Oya, let’s go,” because I wanted to go to Target before they closed. I sure didn’t see the next few minutes coming. Apparently, when it comes to Best Buy, I don’t let him have his way, if we’re at a store I like, we spend hours and he doesn’t complain. Yada yada yada. Long story short, between the Best Buy trip and this morning, I haven’t felt like speaking. How is it that I don’t let him browse through Best Buy? That’s so not fair. I know he’s patient with me when we’re at the mall, but we both have finals and someone had to keep us on track. A ten minute trip took us an hour and I’m supposed to be happy about that? I was already pretty bummed about the fact that I haven’t studied at all for this final. I spent the whole weekend working on a stupid project for my Marketing class. God, please help me get an A on that project after all that work and group meetings. I hope it won’t cost me an A in this class. Right now, the only thing keeping me going is the fact that I’ve got to do better than him in the finals.

I was still planning to give him the silent treatment until this evening when we got to class (as much as I hate driving, I was even going to drive separately sef) but my phone rang a few minutes ago and it was him. Am I mad? Of course I’m not mad (I’m about to get even, bro!). I know he called me to make nice so that I would let him dub my work. I told him that much and he asked how I was sure I wouldn’t be dubbing him? True. I saw/heard him studying until like 2 in the morning while I was watching back to back episodes of Bridezillas and other dumb shows. I really haven’t studied so I guess we’re back to being friends.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol.. fighting with your husband abi. bet you're jus fussing so y'all can make up.. wink wink!
and it really isn't fair for you to always have your way at his expense. But hey, what do I know.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Gbemi's Piece said...

Jadedkiss - I don't always have my way. I'm very giving ;) The only reason I was fussing was because I knew that staying out too long would prevent us from studying as much as we wanted to. I'm a nice wife o.

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home