Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Two more hours

Two more hours and I'll be home free.  I'm taking the next couple of days to do NOTHING.   Gosh, I love the sound of that.  I'm not going to be doing exactly nothing, I do have a mid-term to study for, there's the issue of VC's house that is up for sale or rent so an ad needs to be put in the paper and on craigslist, there's also my hair that needs to get done – I'm thinking of getting extensions after seeing a picture of Oluchi.   My inches off the shoulder 'do is getting tired and way too high maintenance.  I'm seriously considering some extensions so that I don't have to worry about sweat messing my hair up when I work out.   Basically, there's tons of stuff to do these next few days but one thing I won't be doing is getting up at 7:30 to go to work.  Yay!!!   Double yay, in fact.  DH's also taking the next couple of days off and he says he wants to watch the King of Scotland.   Yuck!   I'm sure it's a good movie; it just looks stressful to watch.  The whole Idi Amin storyline is just not that appealing.  I didn't watch the first one, who says I want to watch this one?  I am not up for any gory stuff but I'm thinking that I might have to take this one for the team.  As soon as I said yuck, I wouldn't be going; he reminded me of all the Oprah shows, Desperate Housewives, etc. that he's sat through because of me.   Looks like I'm going to have to add King of Scotland to my list of things to do.  It won't be so bad, I'll just tune off or better still, fall asleep in the darkness of the movie theatre.  

 

Meanwhile, I've been asked to cut back on TV.  Apparently, I watch way too many shows.   When asked how many I'm watching right now, I didn't realize how many TV shows or programs I am actively watching or following.   Here's what I'm watching: Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Men in Trees, Boston Legal, Brothers and Sisters.   I also TIVO Oprah, Tyra (still supporting my sister), Africa Report, Flip that House and let's not forget Girlfriends.   That show (Girlfriends) is getting all kind of lame this season.   What were they thinking, letting Ms. Toni Childs walk?  I guess Joan keeps mentioning her name so that viewers will remember who she is in the event that she returns to the show.   That's my hope.  Any show I don't watch live is not a must-see.  Oprah falls into this category these days.   Not because it comes on when I'm at work, I am now a more discerning viewer.   In the past, I watched every single show I TIVOed.  Now, I only watch if the title or the first few minutes catch my interest.   So, that whole episode about the lies that people are telling went bye bye two-thirds of the way, the whole Matthew McConnaughey car giveaway show went delete within minutes.  I tell myself that even Oprah wouldn't watch all her shows.   Gotta spend my time wisely.

1 Comments:

Blogger In my head and around me said...

Yay!! First to leave a comment.

Seems as though your holiday of doing NOTHING is going to be filled with a whole lot of activity. I wonder how it will be to actually do NOTHING. That would be the life.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home