Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Monday, October 30, 2006

TI-RED

Gosh.  Today's one of those days that I'm not feeling anything.  I'm feeling blue, for lack of a better term.  My sister called my dad so I know he's fine.  I haven't heard from DH's side of the family but his brother in law will be in town soon so we will get some news from his end.  Another crash in Nigeria... It has left me so weak.  I learnt this as I was leaving church yesterday.  It is so sad.  I went online to get all the news I could and I'm still checking the obvious websites for more information.  
 
When will something finally be done?  When so many children were killed in the Sosoliso crash, the women of Nigeria said enough is enough.  They demonstrated and got teargassed by policemen.  Now, many more lives have been lost and I wonder if anything serious will be done?  A thought just came to my mind; is it possible that they'll do something now that we have lost one of our foremost religious leaders?  Will they (the government) do something now that we've lost many northerners?  We can be pretty tribalistic and power seems to be in the control of the North one way or another?  Will they do something now that we've lost 2 senators?  Will they ever do something?  It is sad that we don't value life as it is.  That a person's life is lost is never news.   The fact that over 300 lives have been lost due to plane crashes in a little over a year should move us to action.  What will it take to get the people of Nigeria vexed into action?  What will it take for the government to value the life of each and every Nigerian?  It is sad that the newspapers tend to highlight the names of prominent people that perished but hey, that's how they get attention drawn to the issues.  What will it take to get the attention of people that can really do something?  In the words of my cousin, I am ti-red.  Really.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel u too gbemi. I was quite taken abck too after i heard of the crash on CNN. This same time last year but in dec. was when the sosoliso one crashed and we lost pastor bimbo, now this? It makes u wonder if this is normal, or spiritual or negligence. Why every year towards the holiday season, why plane crashes? When will something be done i ask the same question. All we can do is pray for our country and those in authority just like the bible admonishes us and most importantly pray for our loved ones back home. Its sad but hey....tomorrow is not guaranteed to us only today is so make the best of each day.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home