Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Weekend Warrior

Hmm… what to do this weekend? Someone just asked me. Starting with Saturday, I have a final at 1PM so I will be doing some sleeping, some studying, then some exam taking. Right after that, I am planning a winter clothing drive at the hubby’s House of God. I said this to a girlfriend of mine at work and she laughed like that’s what married women do. Yes, that’s what married women do, Dolly. Whatever. I just like that sort of thing. So, I’m making some flyers 150-200 on my poor printer. In my past life, I would sneak around and print them out at work during lunch or after work. These days, I don’t care for doing that sort of thing. It’s too time-consuming. I’ll do them at home. If the printer ink finishes, DH knows where to get some more – Best Buy, his favorite store. Anyhow, once I’m done with taking the winter clothes and blankets that I’ve been dying to get rid of, as well as the extra-large U-Haul boxes that we haven’t done anything with but kept anyways since we moved eons ago to church, it will be all good. I’ll have done my good deed for the weekend and come back home and SLEEP. I mean, CRASH. I am just so tired these days.

How about, the Lakewood Antique Market is going bye-bye? This is their last weekend and I have to go out there. I should probably go over there and see if I can get Roy from Rome to give me his card. I lost his card and I like the bookcases he makes with tin and wood. I am not ready to get anything made or buy anything but I feel an obligation to go since it is their last weekend ever. Lakewood Antiques. That used to be my joint back in the day. The place Nicole and I went to. How about I don’t know where Nicole is and haven’t heard from her in over two years? Maybe it’s time for me to call her and ask if she’s going. Maybe I should just call up my old friend Mandie and invite her instead. I ain’t seen her in a while either but it would be less weird than calling up Nicole. Mandie and I have been leaving each other messages the past couple of days talking about how it’s been a while and how we should hang out and all. This might be the perfect opportunity, plus it is kid-friendly. She can bring her kids and they can see their Naija auntie all over again. I do love me her blue eyed, blonde haired little boy and her red-head, dunno-what eyed little girl. She says they’ve grown and I’m sure I’ll be surprised. Only thing is that she moved way way far and I don’t know if Lakewood will be too far of a drive for them. That’s my Saturday.

No plans for Sunday. How about, I just want to rest and do nothing? Maybe take a late momo (morning) nap so that I don’t get messed up and not fall asleep until 4 am like I did last Sun/Monday. That was awful. I didn’t fall asleep until 4am because I took a three-hour nap. By the time the alarm clock went off at 5:30, there was no way I could get up so bootcamp only took place in my dreams. What is it about napping that totally messes with regular sleep time? Man, I love Sunday naps but they are dangerous for my well-being. I sleep so deep, it’s hard for me to wake up. When I am ready to wake up, I’m in a state of consciousness where I am kinda awake but unable to open my eyes and get up. Too weird and hard to describe, but scary overall. That’s my Sunday. I will just chill, call up ma famille, make the programs for my cousin’s wedding, and take it easy so that I can wake up 5:30 Monday morning refreshed and ready for bootcamp.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home