Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I Don Tire

Have you ever been in a position where you were tired of everything including yourself? I am just fed up with quite a bit and I'm lashing out unfairly at people closest to me. Here's a list of what's annoying me and why:
  • My nanny situation: From Nanny #1 to Nanny #2 and now to perhaps Nanny #3 and Nanny #4. Yes o, in such a short time, I have gone through so many nannies. Nannies 3 and 4 are the most current. They know each other and want to do a work-share with each working a few days a week. Being in the sorry (read desperate) situation I'm in, I agreed. I am in agreement until the daycare we want has an opening for Blu.
  • Work: This is related to the above situation. I've had to bail out of work so many days in a row that I might as well be a stay-at-home mom. The other day, Blu had a 103 degree temperature and I found myself torn between taking him to the emergency room or getting to my 9 o'clock meeting on time. Guess what I chose? I hate that I was even put in that position. In the car, I broke down and shed some major tears. That must have been my first mommy meltdown.
  • Workout/Trainer: So I made DH my trainer. Who begged me? I hate running and he wants us to go running five times a week. Rain o, snow o, wetin consign him, we must run. I haven't told him that he's been fired. Today, I signed up with a new trainer. Shhhh... I don't know how to break the news to him. Maybe over dinner.
  • Moi: I am just in a sucky mood. DH has been calling me a lot and instead of being nice/pleasant, I told him he was blowing up my phone. That didn't go too well. Bad timing as tomorrow's Valentine's day.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woosaaah! I'm pretty sure once you really get into you work out routine you'll be fine. Working out has away of freeing the mind and making you feel more in control of yourself. The Nanny situation with Blu will come together soon... in the mean time remember to count to 10 before u lash out.

10:11 PM  
Blogger chioma said...

eh yah,...my dear we can all relate to the nanny thing..it will settle soon..i am sure they understand at your job .so worry not...lol at sacking your personal trainer/husband

7:20 AM  
Blogger chioma said...

ps..thanks we are so blessed and thankful for our baby..and for the goody post..just be yourself.I am sure your far from being drab bur a new wardrobe is always good.

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'this too shall pass..'

what did you do on the 14th? make up with dh?

6:07 PM  
Blogger Naapali said...

Pele. I am sure he understands. Beloved has been under a lot of stress and pressure at work and sometimes it spills over to us at home, I know it is not her intention and letting it show doesn't help at that time.
Hang in there and some day this will be one of many memories.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Gbemi's Piece said...

@Blog police - I like the idea of counting to 10. Taking a deep breath before responding allows you to put things in perspective.

@Chioma - Congrats again. I totally love shopping for little girls. Next time I'm home, she'll be getting a lil' something. Oh and I'm not thinking about changing too drastically. Some things I need to cut out though. That efikoness is not getting me anywhere.

@Geisha - Making up was very easy.

@Naapali - I think it's human nature. We vent out at those we are most comfortable with. It's just a sign that we need comforting. E ma binu. We the women of the world are unique in the ways we express ourselves.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why am i not surprised :P

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home