Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

V-Day Update


DH didn't disappoint. I got the flowers (delivered at the end of my work day) and I got the gifts. That, and best of all, the sweetest card. It was really touching. The words on the card took my breath away.

I know Valentine's Day to many is a Hallmark holiday, still, I like it. I look forward to it every year. I would hate for us to not do something special on that day. Yes, we have the whole year to show each other appreciation but what's wrong with definitely doing something on that particular day? It doesn't have to be about the gifts (I say that now but just you wait for that one day I don't get anything). Seriously speaking, it doesn't have to be about the gifts. That one thoughtful card or one sweet note makes it extra special in my books.

That day, I ordered from our favorite spot since we couldn't do dinner outside the house and he went to pick it up. By the time he got back, I had placed his gift on his side of the bed. We went for a run and by the time I went to get changed, I noticed two little boxes and a card on my side of the bed. Too funny. He was surprised I got him something but pleased nonetheless. It made me want to spoil him more. That's the gift-giving part of my V-Day. That being said, I have no expectations for next year. I totally stressed out this year being that things are now different with a baby and all. My biggest fear was that we wouldn't make time for ourselves..

3 Comments:

Blogger Naapali said...

congratulations to you both for making the effort. As the conductor said to the driver "go on saun!".

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww... you and your husband are the sweetest!!! Hopefully you keep celebrating valentines day... I really can't understand how some couples don't...

8:26 PM  
Blogger Uzo said...

Aww...So wonderful...I love Valentine's Day as well..Glad you guys found time to make it a little more special

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home