Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Friday, August 11, 2006

How to Talk to Your Children About Marijuana


There is a book called "It's Just a Plant" that is stirring up quite a bit of controversy. You can check out the illustrations and read part of the story here. How will you talk to your children about drugs? I haven't tried any so I don't have any background to go by. Apparently "Just Say No" doesn't work that well so parents have to think of something else. Surprise, surprise.

Here are some reviews from their website:
"I do really wish that I had known about this book, and had given a copy to my son, long before I got busted. CNN is not the best way for your kid to find out... it was very hard on him and on my wife who had to explain it. Fortunately I have a genuine medical use for it and the paperwork to match ....it gave her a place to start but the book would have been better by far."
-David Crosby Musician, Father

Notice that even Bill O'Reilly, the ultra conservative host of the O'Reilly Factor weighs in:
"Just Say No doesn't always work."
-Bill O'Reilly

"I highly recommend this little book for students in D.A.R.E., other drug abuse prevention programs, and their teachers and parents. It's a jewel."
-Ethan Nadelmann Executive Director of the Drug Policy Alliance

"An outrage."
-Entertainment Weekly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home