Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Friday, September 15, 2006

30 Plus Days to Slimmer Hips

Yup, I'm in boot camp. I actually started on Monday with DH and one of my neighbors. There's about fifty or sixty people in this boot camp. Very surprising because I had no idea how many people would actually get up at 5:30 in the morning to put themselves through military drills, five to six days a week. On the first day of bootcamp, I took measurement of areas where I hope to take off inches: hips, arms, stomach, and thighs. That's about it. It's funny, when you ask women what they're areas they'd like to change, they start with one, then two, then three and before you know it, they've about covered their entire body. Anyhow, I needed motivation so I asked DH to go with me. To my sheer amazement and joy, he agreed to go as long as there were dudes there. I said yeah not knowing if there were actually going to be guys at this bootcamp. The pictures on the website only shows women but I didn't tell him that. I knew for sure that the leader was a guy so he wouldn't be the only dude there. By the time we got there on Monday, I was happy to discover that about a third or more of the participants were guys.

On to the bootcamp, for someone who likes to sleep in just about every day, it's tough waking up at 5:30 every single day. However, it's another one of the things on my list of thirty things to do before I turn thirty. I want to challenge myself physically. I never in my wildest dreams thought I could do it. I couldn't even do one push up. I still can't do a regular one, I have to be on my knees. Six weeks of this boot camp should do it. I'm not concerned about weight, I will probably shed some and build some muscle but I really want to tone up. I am hoping that this would be a start of a less sedentary lifestyle for us. Hopefully, we can both get up in the morning and go running instead of going to brunch. Who am I kidding? I love going to brunch. We'll go to brunch right after we go running.

Next Monday, I'm going to measure myself again and document any changes. I feel a lot better now that I've had a few days of boot camp. My body's stopped aching as much. Today was really rough though. Nonstop running across the track and then 30 or so push ups when you get to the other side. Nonstop running across the track and then diamond push ups when you get to the other side. Nonstop running across the track and then crunches when you get to the other side. Nonstop running across the track and then lunges when you get to the other side. Just nonstop running and drills for an entire hour. Did I mention that it had been raining and we were doing this on asphalt and grass? We'll make it through the six weeks by God's grace.

3 Comments:

Blogger LondonBuki said...

WOW!!!! GOOD LUCK!!! and WELL DONE!!!

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl, i admire ur courage o. I have had that on my to do list too for a while, but have never gotten around to it. Good luck and keep us posted. By the way, doesn't it drive u nuts when people have wedding websites and months and months after their wedding they refuse to put up wedding pixs saying "will be uploaded shortly". shortly for like 3 months. What in the world is that. Am sorry this is totally off subject but i needed to vent.
Love ur blog. Keep up d good work

8:49 PM  
Blogger In my head and around me said...

Wish you could give me some of those hips rather than burning them off. I need! I need!!

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home