Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I'm Coming Out

Today was the first time I told anyone I had a blog. Guess what? She already knew and asked why I was a closet blogger. One of my reasons for blogging is to say what I want without a care, particularly when it comes to work. Obviously, I can't do that. And I haven't done it. Nevertheless, I will continue to speak my piece and voice my opinions especially about all things Naija and start to speak more about my experience with being a friend, sister, full-time employee, student, wife, fun lover, onijogbon (trouble maker) all at the same time.

I blog because I want an avenue to say whatever without feeling like I am boring people close to me. If I feel I've had a very good day at work, I'll blog about it. If I've had a crappy day at work, I am not sure I'll blog about it. Really not trying to be dooced (fired for something written in a blog). When I am self-employed, that would be a totally different situation. As someone who never kept a diary, I figured this would be a good way to chronicle my activities. I don't know that I'll be self-conscious about what I write but I might as well start to reveal more about myself. So much for staying in the closet.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cat is out of the bag.

Blame it on the laptop!

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep! I faced the same issue. Now my boyfriend, and sister know. I have to admit I am now more concious about what i write..

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home