Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Monday, June 12, 2006

School Starts Tomorrow

So school starts tomorrow. I'm excited, anxious, almost terrified. I haven't been in school in three years. I got a letter some time ago saying that my time was up. I couldn't believe I had lazed around for three years. So much for 'taking a break'. After being out for so long, I need an A to make up for lost time and to prove that I am not an olodo. Actually, I had started to think that I was an olodo after making Bs my last semester. I knew then that it was time to hang it up for a little while. What I didn't realize was that little while would last for three years. Whowouldathunk it? I mean, I can hardly believe it myself.

Oh well! I just bought my book today. In fact, I went to the bookstore over lunch to pick it up. Got easy street parking and paid for 31 minutes. I shouldn't have wasted my 55 cents. It took me less than 5 minutes to walk to the bookstore and back. I also went on my professor's website and printed my syllabus and the 'suggested reading' for session two (Thursday's class). He has nine articles listed as 'suggested reading'. I'm reading three tonight, another three tomorrow and the last three on Thursday. That should put me a week ahead of schedule if I stick to it. Hopefully I will. Before I forget, in addition to the nine articles, he wants us to read the first two chapters of the textbook by the second class. That's about 49 pages for the first two chapters alone.

Frugal me. I bought the used textbook - cost $30 less than a brand new one. Then I went online and saw it for half price on half.com. I have till next Monday to return this one. By then, I hope to have the even cheaper book and read chapters 1-6.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home