Telling my side of the story

WARNING: I'm not that deep.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

I can and I will

I can't believe it's been over a week since my last post. I figured once I started blogging, I'd never stop. Wrong! There has just not been enough time. Where to start? I'm really excited today or rather, right now. Just thought of a new business venture that would take me to Nigeria pretty often. Sometimes, I wished I wasn't attached to my job so I could do whatever takes my fancy. This is huge! I pray to God that it works out because one of my goals in life is to help others and this definitely would be helping to provide jobs - hence the help others thing I was talking about.

My entrepreneurial friends and I often talk about doing business in Nigeria and all that it entails. It seems that the government is doing a lot to encourage foreign investment in Nigeria but what about the infrastructure? How is my business plan going to work if I don't have electricity? What about transporting my goods? How does that work? My ideal business would involve trading with other African countries and expanding outside the continent. Who makes this feasible? How does trade within the continent work with the many barriers to free movement? I understand it is possible to go to Ghana and as far as the Ivory Coast by road but at what level of frustration? It is difficult enough going to Cotonou from Lagos, I would be hard-pressed to venture further. All this just makes one want to give up but when there's a will, there's a way. I'm one to try things at least once and this new venture is something I'm willing to try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home